Do happen and in most cases, there is nothing one can do to prevent them. The personal injury claim will help you get compensation for the injuries you have sustained. However, there are many that file this claim just to benefit financially and that is why there is an increased number of these cases today.
Dental and Medical Accidents
Are also incorporated in the personal injuries claims as well as the industrial disease cases such as
- Chest diseases
- Peritoneal mesothelioma
- Strain injury
- Contact dermatitis
- Occupational deafness or stress and asbestos.
The most common types of personal injury claims cases are;
- Slip and fall personal injury claim the establishments where one suffers a fall that is quite serious is usually held responsible for injuries that one suffers. It is not easy to proof this kind of claim as one has to show that the people running the establishment were ignorant of dangerous sections in the premises. This claim too can be filed when one suffers injuries as they perform their duties in their place of work. The employer is held responsible of the employees as they perform their duties and they are supposed to ensure that the employees are safe at all times. If they neglect to ensure the safety of the employees in any way, then this kind of claim can be filed.
- Road accidents This is the most common personal injury claim. Most of the road accidents are caused by intoxication and over speeding. An auto injury personal claim case can be lengthy and could take up to a year before the case goes to trial. In this period the accident is researched so as to gather information as well as the witness accounts of the accident. When facts of the accident are not disputed most opt to settle out of court to avoid the lengthy court process.
- Assault claims This kind of personal injury claim is usually filed together with criminal charges and usually has emotional distress clauses. Assault can happen anywhere in many different forms. In most cases, they are easier to proof especially where the injuries are visible and there are witnesses to the assault. The damages reward will vary and in cases where there was no harm done filing a lawsuit may not be beneficial.
The personal injury claim in this case will help one get reimbursement to compensate for the pain they have suffered as well as the medical bills. There are cases like self-defense where this lawsuit will not succeed as the important thing is whether the respondent reaction was reasonable given the situation they found themselves in.
- Product liability This is where the manufacturer is held responsible for any injury that their product may cause to an individual. The injuries may be caused by wrong materials used in the manufacture of the products and flaws in the designing of the products.
- Holiday accidents These claims are varied and there no claims that are similar. It covers claims that range from general holiday complaints, illnesses, sporting accidents, sea, air and road travel accidents. The negligence of a third party should not ruin one’s holiday and holidaymakers can be helped to make these claims around the globe.
- Medical malpractice claims When the medical practitioner neglects your diagnosis and treatment they would be held reliable for any injuries that you may suffer.
These are the most common personal injury claims and as you can see the main reasons for filing such cases don’t change much. If you are to have any chance of being compensated for your injuries the best thing will be to a hire a reputable personal injury lawyer. He will be able to guide you through all the legalities so as to ensure that your chances of winning your case are high.
The compensation will vary with the seriousness of the injury.
- Brain damage
- severed limbs and broken bones receive the highest settlements.
- In addition, one may also get compensation for the lifetime effect of the injury.
- This is usually referred to as loss of amenity.
- There is a time limitation in which one is able to pursue the personal injury case otherwise you lose all rights to pursue any form of compensation.